Thrift Store Farmhouse Decor

This DIY was so simple to do and cost me less than $10.00!



First let me say that pretty much any vase, bowl, candle holder and container can be transformed into beautiful farmhouse decor, all you need is some white paint!

I’ve had this vase for quite some time and used to use it but I’ve been re doing rooms and it kinda got pushed into a closet and that was it. Then the other day while scrolling through Pinterest I saw a beautiful centerpiece with pretty flowers and thought, my big vase would be prefect!

So I went to Walmart and bought one can of white spray paint, the cheap 99 cents kind of course. Then over to the Dollar Tree to check out their Spring floral collection. I ended up buying 4 bunches of purple lilac looking flowers ($4.00 total) and headed back home.

The hardest part of this whole project was trying to find something tall enough and sturdy enough to place my vase on upside down to spray paint, it’s a rather large vase. I ended up using a big mason jar and 2 long pieces of wood from my scrap pile.

I placed the vase (very very carefully) upside down and made sure it was balanced and sturdy and began spray painting. Now because my vase had some dark colored designs on it I had to do many costs, 5 to be exact. I’d do a light coat, let it dry and come back and do another until it was completely covered. I let the vase dry over night and in the morning I placed my flowers inside! That’s it! I’m in love with this center piece! It’s so simple and best part is I can just switch out the flowers to match the seasons!

I didint paint the inside because I will occasionally put fresh flowers inside and will want to fill the inside with a little water. The vase was costed and sealed when it was manufactured so when I decide to put some fresh flowers in it come Spring time I’ll seal the outside with a clear coat. But for now this will do.

Below I have a few pictures for reference when I painted it and a few before and after photos. I hope this helped if you’re thinking of making your own farmhouse decor out of thrift store finds!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar Tree Shelf Liner Cricut Hack

DIY $6.00 HOME sign