DIY $6.00 HOME sign


Spring is right around the corner it seems, especially where I live in PA it’s 50 degrees in January today! So needless to say I’m feeling like Spring today!

I recently discovered that Lowe’s has packs of 10 paint sticks for only 99 cents! Naturally I know they are going to make a great addition to my DIY projects. So I grabbed a few and began brainstorming. This rustic looking floral HOME sign is my first paint stick project. There will be more to come, I already have tons of ideas that so want to try. 

For this project you will need: 

• 2 packs of paint sticks (totaling 20 sticks) 
• An H, M and E wooden letter (I got mine from Walmart for 97 cents each) 
• Paint (any color you choose really) 
• Floral bunch of lilacs (again, from Walmart 97 cents) 
• Hot glue gun and 2 glue sticks 

If you’d like to watch my DIY YouTube video you can here  https://youtu.be/77AejbFOFcQ    or continue reading for step by step instructions 

Here’s a quick pic of all the materials needed

Take 16 of the paint sticks and line them in a row, flipping every other one. These paint sticks have ruler markings on one side, make sure the are facing to the back of your sign.
Take the other 4 left over paint sticks and place them at the top and bottom of the paint sticks that are lined up.
Be sure to stager them so they cover all the paint sticks and hold them all in place .
Once you know where you’d like each one hot glue them across the paint sticks that are lined up. See the pic below.


Next flip your new wooden sign and paint it.
You can choose any color you’d like, especially if you’d like to match it to the rest of the decor in your home.
You could even grab some wood stain and stain it a cherry or walnut color!


After the paint has dried you can hot glue each of the letters. 
Be sure to leave a space for the wreath that will act as the “O” in this “HOME” sign 



For the floral wreath I snipped one branch off the bunch and then picked each of the lilac bud stems from it. 
That left me with a bunch of lilac buds and a piece of floral wire that was the stem. 
I used the piece of stem to make a circle so I had a base to work off of as I hot glued the lilacs down. 







After a I had all the floral ready to go I glued the circle down where I wanted the “O” to go. 
You might have to hold it down while the glue dries as it wanted to pop back off. 

To make the wreath you’ll have to hot glue one piece at a time making sure to place the next one over the last staggering them in the middle. 



I did a few them took a pic to show the progress 


Continue this until you have a complete circle! 

That’s it! Quick, simple and cheap! 













Comments

  1. I love how this turned out! So pretty! I need to make a sign like this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would look so pretty in my house. I love the flowers on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and affordable! I love creative and crafty projects.

    XO
    Candace
    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous! What a fabulous idea - it is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute but I am not sure I would have a need for it. I am trying to think of a way I can apply that bit of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to make something like this for my Chinese new year which happen in early Feb. This look cosy and my house is having some party at the first day of the Chinese new year. Hope it will surpise my guests. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute DIY ! i really love the Home sign and think even someone as craft insufficient as myself could probably make this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a neat idea and cheap! You should make these and set up at a local craft vendor as a side hustle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I own a kids arts and crafts studio, we do ladies nights too! Crafting has been my hobby for years and now I do it for a living!

      Delete
  9. I love the home style. You made it appear store bought when you can do it yourself. It only takes creativity and time to make a gorgeous home idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the coolest home sign ever! And the touch of floral wreath, love it! Great idea. Thanks a lot for sharing.

    Chad
    www.mosaicslab.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute and beautiful I would like to do this for my home. Buying from the store cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so artistic. I super love DIYs. It is not so complicated to do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an artistic design. You are very talented. You can make money out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this its so sweet. Ive just shared with my friend as shes so crafty and this would be perfect in her house :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute DIY. Perfect as a gift too. Thanks for showing us how to make this HOME sign.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's absolutely adorable! I love DIY crafts for the home, especially those involving wood. Shabby chic for the win! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar Tree Shelf Liner Cricut Hack

Thrift Store Farmhouse Decor