Party over the rainbow

One thing I really enjoy is throwing a party, any party, for any reason. Birthdays are my favorite!
Last year for one of my daughters 1st birthday we did an "Over the rainbow" theme. It was super easy and turned out great!

I bought most items for the decorations at the dollor tree (everything is $1)!

I used tissue paper to make the puff balls that hung above the table. I made 2 bunches and each had one of every color. Currently they are hanging above the changing table in the girls bedroom. They love looking up at the while they get their diapers changed!

I hung streamers along the ceiling in rainbow order, pinning up every few feet, ending at a big window (or other wall). Then pinned balloons in conjunction with the color streamer.

I also used the left over streamers to create a "rainbow chandelier" in another room.
I even found a roll of rainbow streamer at a party store for a few dollars!  (I only needed one roll)

The dollar tree had a pack of multi color popsicle sticks. I guled them around a jar to create a holder for colorful candy canes.

I also used some plain white printer paper and cut out a cloud shape. I used some more of the solid color streamers I had and glued one of each color in between 2 pieces of the clouds I cut out.

I baked the cake my self!
Using 8 inch pie pans I used vanilla cake and added food coloring to make each layer the desired color.

Trying to keep it healthy I bought fruits of different colors and arranged them in a rainbow shape.
The heavenly cloud dip on the ends are super easy to make
* 1 pack of softened cream cheese
* 1 container of cool whip
* 3/4 of a container of Jiff* Marshmallow Fluff
*3 or 4 cups of strawberry yogurt
Easy as pie! Well...dip!

I also made rainbow jello cups
This was a bit tricky, as you have to let each color layer set before adding the next layer. Putting whip c4eam between each layer

For the rainbow  pretzels I just dipped pretzel rodsin each color and let dry on wax paper.

Each child also got a pot of gold!
I got lucky as her birthday is somewhat before St Patricks day and Party City* had decorations and novelties out. I paid $4 for each pack of 8!
So I went to a grocery store that sold bulk candy and filled each one for really cheap! 

I had a great time planning and decorating of this party and it turned out awesome for having such a limited budget!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar Tree Shelf Liner Cricut Hack

DIY $6.00 HOME sign

Thrift Store Farmhouse Decor