DIY compost "holding" container

I love my garden, so much that I give it the best possible fertilizers I can. One of the best ways to help your garden flourish is by mixing in compost.
Being a family of 6 we generate quite a bit of stuff to add to the compost pile and living up north I dont have the luxury of beautiful weather all year around so adding to my compost daily is not pleasant. Although that chore is reserved for my 8 yr old son.
Still, having banana peals, apple cores and egg shells laying around my kitchen until I feel like trudging out back through 2 feet of snow is not ideal. Plus my cleaning OCD just won't allow it!

I just needed something to hold my compost until there was enough to take out back, which only takes a day or two in my house. It also had to be easy to clean and have a sealed lid.

What better way than to use and recycle a plastic tub!
I found a 4 lb tub that once contained the most delicious ox roast this tri state area has to offer! Nice excuse to buy and devour a container in a day!
When it was empty I just simply cleaned it and removed the lables.
Now I have a plain "holding tub" for scraps of whatever, without having to look at it while keeping it contained.

You can decorate or lable your tub if you desire but I kept mine pain for easy cleaning purposes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar Tree Shelf Liner Cricut Hack

DIY $6.00 HOME sign

Thrift Store Farmhouse Decor